Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Bazaar

General chat and server information.
Hazel

Bazaar

Postby Hazel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 am

Which is better for a healthy bazaar economy? A large population or a small population?

As a seller, decide what you can do to help improve the situation. Here is a hint. Overcharging for crucial spells is not a way to keep new players on the server.

We are getting a new client with a very talented lead person. Let's take advantage of that.

Tettnang

Re: Bazaar

Postby Tettnang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:33 pm

I don’t mean to derail - this was just news to me - a new client with a new lead dev? I’ve been out of the loop for a while now and have caught up forum stuff (I thought) but didn’t know this. Can you tell me more or point me in the right direction to read up on it?

Edit: pretty please

nahonchen

Postby nahonchen » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:16 pm

I agree with this point of view.

Trust

Postby Trust » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 pm

I don’t mean to derail - this was just news to me - a new client with a new lead dev? I’ve been out of the loop for a while now and have caught up forum stuff (I thought) but didn’t know this. Can you tell me more or point me in the right direction to read up on it?

Not sure about "New" but I am running the show fully now, vs the previous devs that have since left. As for the New Client. I have been working on a UF based client for awhile. Many things coming down the pipeline, New Website, New Name, New Client, New Server, New Hosting. Just waiting for things to start to fall in line.

Tettnang

Postby Tettnang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Not sure about "New" but I am running the show fully now, vs the previous devs that have since left. As for the New Client. I have been working on a UF based client for awhile. Many things coming down the pipeline, New Website, New Name, New Client, New Server, New Hosting. Just waiting for things to start to fall in line.
Wow. Exciting stuff :)

bucka

Postby bucka » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 pm

never played during UF, whats the difference in the UI from the one we have now?
Pickledip(War) / Crizax(Enc) / Mumu(Clr) - <Out da Bushes>

Trust

Postby Trust » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:54 pm

it will be almost exclusively stability and just a better client overall.

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:19 pm

this was just news to me
We are just not forum people. I don't think it's a bad thing. The best communication is in the P2002 discord. https://discord.gg/0mHfJRnPtwZBV86H

Tettnang

Postby Tettnang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:31 pm

this was just news to me
We are just not forum people. I don't think it's a bad thing. The best communication is in the P2002 discord. https://discord.gg/0mHfJRnPtwZBV86H
Thanks Hazel :)

ravx25

Postby ravx25 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Which is better for a healthy bazaar economy? A large population or a small population?

As a seller, decide what you can do to help improve the situation. Here is a hint. Overcharging for crucial spells is not a way to keep new players on the server.

We are getting a new client with a very talented lead person. Let's take advantage of that.
Hazel, I'm not sure I understand the direction of the first line of questioning there. Is the second question rhetorical? I think most everyone would agree a larger population is healthier for the bazaar economy.

The problem as I see it, and this is me coming in late to the game and only having an overview of the existing issues, is that the population is kept smaller on p2002 on purpose. To a degree that is good b/c we don't get a bunch of griefers here, but a larger population means more donations which can lead to more support, better equipment and a healthier grouping experience.

I applaud Trust on updating and upgrading everything, but I would hope there is something more out there than just word of mouth to pull people in. The internet is a large place and the game is 30 years old so it's not like people are flocking to emu's for a game like this in the first place.

All that said, I appreciate everything you, Trust and his crew provide for the community and I hope the population here can stay healthy and at least in an upward trend.

Return to “General Discussion”