Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

IP Exception Request and two questions

Grokii

IP Exception Request and two questions

Postby Grokii » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 pm

I have two children that have been watching me play EverQuest this week and they would like to play as well. I discussed this on discord briefly with Chunky (7/11) and my understanding is his recommendation is that my 13 year old should create a new forum account while my 8 year old should play an account under my forum account.

My 13 year old has created a new forum account: Grokelle. To be clear, this is not a second forum account for me, it is wholly their account. If Grokelle stops playing p2002, then the characters will remain unplayed. They are Grokelle's accounts/characters not mine.

I would like to request an IP Exception for forum account Grokelle and Grokii.

Related question, when my 8-year-old child is playing on my account, does this 'consume' one of the three slots? So if I were playing with him I need to restrain myself and only log in at most 2 other accounts for a total of 3? Or, can he play and I have a trio (total 4)?

Currently I plan on no boxing with them outside an occasional port or res. That said, I want to be clear what is permissible and what is against the rules so I stay firmly within the rules.

Lastly, I commonly use a VPN on one of my PCs. I have never used the VPN to connected to p2002. The PC that has the VPN as an option is the primary PC that Grokelle will be using. Grokelle won't always know when the VPN is running which means Grokelle may end up connecting with the VPN enabled from time to time. This isn't an attempt to circumvent rules, but it may appear so. Would Grokelle connecting with a VPN occasionally be a problem?

I wanted to disclose the VPN and if it is a problem, then I need to ensure she never uses the VPN when she connects. I can have her reboot the PC before she logs into EQ. If it isn't a problem (outside of increased latency) then I won't have her do that extra step.

Grokii

Re: IP Exception Request and two questions

Postby Grokii » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Spoke with Dhampyre today in game. Can never have more than 3 characters per account, so I had my other kid create a forum account as well. Requesting an exception for all three of us:

Grokii, Grokelle, and Groko.

Dhampyre

Re: IP Exception Request and two questions

Postby Dhampyre » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 pm

IP exemption is now approved.
GM Dhampyre - P2002.com

Return to “Resolved Petitions”