Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

New to server veteran from Live.

General chat and server information.
Apple

Re: New to server veteran from Live.

Postby Apple » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 pm

I'd recommend playing 3 toons each even if the dont touch the character and its a minimized window.. later game you'll want to play 3, even if it's a buff bot to begin with that pocket chanter may become your dps charmer when you get up in level. You'll enjoy it here.

I say this from experience, I started with a 2 box and then had to go back and level a 3rd when I was in my late 50s.

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:45 pm

I'd recommend playing 3 toons each even if the dont touch the character and its a minimized window.. later game you'll want to play 3, even if it's a buff bot to begin with that pocket chanter may become your dps charmer when you get up in level. You'll enjoy it here.

I say this from experience, I started with a 2 box and then had to go back and level a 3rd when I was in my late 50s.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5226
The majority of players do box at least two. I would even go as far to say the majority box three.

Advantages to boxing:
Moving items around easily
Not needing to ask for help for many tasks
Being able to buff, heal, port, rez (etc) your own characters
Being able to power-level future characters
Not having to /random loot if you kill a mob by yourself
Two people can make a full group to take on more difficult targets
Two people can take advantage of grouping bonus'
If you can't find a group, you can still gain experience
Gives you more flexibility to play odd hours or afk often if needed

Disadvantages:
Cost of spells for multiple characters
Cost of gear for multiple characters
Learning curve

The argument against boxing is usually related to socialization and community. Global auction and ooc has solved some of that issue. Guild chat can be social. All are welcome in the leveling guild, DING. If a player actively (/tells) seeks a group, grouping is most often successful.

If you're coming from a strictly single box server, boxing may seem foreign. If you haven't boxed before, I suggest you at least give it a try.
If you have never boxed before, sit two of the characters down in a safe area within experience range. Start near a zone line, so you can easily zone all three if you get into trouble. Use them to heal buff between fights. When comfortable, start adding in a second character during combat. When comfortable with two, add the third.

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Hazel,

Thanks for helping a friend I dragged over to P2002 "Lowkust" he is also from P99 and Live on Cazic. He will invite me to "Ding" on Friday as were both off, we both will normally be online on the weekends.

Ps.. Our wifes are intrigued, they both played with us on live oh so long ago..
We have quite a few husband / wife teams on the server. Glad to have a few more! If they want a female perspective, let me know, I'll be glad to chat with them.

Are you guys in Ding discord? https://discord.gg/xcM2xjF Have Lowkust private message me. I got him a BP and will set up delivery in discord.

0000wiley3

Postby 0000wiley3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Rangers make great boxes, especially once you get them bow AAs. Two actions per minute per ranger.
Archi and the twins

seecrits

Postby seecrits » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi,
Im also new to p2002 still own my orignal 1999 live which i sometimes go back to play on.. i attempted to play like a week ago never saw anyone and read a post that the 100+ players are probably just bazaar players. So i removed the game But decided to try again this time ill just "attempt" to box 2 chars ive never tried this before and ill be honest im not as young as i used to be my eye sight is going and watching 2 chars might go really bad heh.

i really enjoy the older parts of the game vs the new parts which is why i want to try again..

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 pm

/who all ding and ask for an invite! It won't feel as lonely.

None of us are spring chickens.

Macros / Macros / Macros

You don't need to see anything, you just click the buttons / keys.

When I box, I am really playing one character and hitting macros on the rest. Most of the time, I am playing the Enchanter. I pull with her because she has pacify and mez. Often I pull two at a time and let my pet tank one while I get the other mezzed. I make sure I have the mob I want dead first targeted on my enchanter, then I activate the other two character's macro. They /assist my enchanter and nuke. With the damage of my two nukes and my pet, the mobs are dead before mez breaks on the second. I target with enchanter again...repeat.

This really is all in the set up. Be sure to read my boxing guide (2nd post in thread): viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5226

Watch my you tube video to set up WinEQ2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5-okgb6Was

We are not big forum posters here. We'd rather be playing the game in our free time. Join P2002 Discord here for announcements: https://p2002.com/discord

Ding discord here: https://discord.gg/xcM2xjF

Beyond that just ask if you need help. No one minds answering questions.

Return to “General Discussion”