Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

New to server veteran from Live.

General chat and server information.
Lowcoe

New to server veteran from Live.

Postby Lowcoe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:52 am

Hi all,

Im new to P2002, used to play live from 1999 till about 2005 on Cazic with my wife. Recently 2 years ago we returned to live and were right back into it, but have grown board of live.

Recently we both tried P99 and were enjoying it until we tried to play together at the same internet source, well that led to both accounts being banned...

Now that we have found P2002, were intrigued to get started, again lol. Me ill be going SK/Sham box I'm sure, she cant box well so she will make a Druid or Mage. I heard there is a low population here, how many online at peek hours ? Any advice on how to get started ? hows the market here for gear and pp ?

Thanks all,

Coeus

Hazel

Re: New to server veteran from Live.

Postby Hazel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:52 am

Welcome to the server!

You can check out the New Player Compendium guide found here: viewforum.php?f=80

Ask for an invite to the guild "Ding". It's not a typical guild. Strictly leveling, all welcome, and you come and go as you like. It helps with the lower population issues. You can join Ding discord here: https://discord.gg/xcM2xjF Guild chat is broadcast in real time so you can get a feel of what it is like.

OOC is global and broadcast live in the P2002 discord https://p2002.com/discord

Real time population is broadcast on the home page: https://p2002.com/

Monday PM US Eastern has been highest population lately, around 300 characters. GMs occasionally give us a break down. It is about half 3 boxers, quarter two boxers and quarter single boxers.

Lowcoe

Postby Lowcoe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:30 pm

Thanks for all the info been looking it all up wile at the office today. I think this is a place i can call home :-)

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Apply for an IP exemption here: viewforum.php?f=41

Being able to log three chars in each is helpful not just for boxing to level, but mules, bazaar trader, etc.

Don't ever log more than 3 chars per person. It is a permanent ban here.

Lowcoe

Postby Lowcoe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 am

Thanks for the tip Hazel. We will get on that ASAP.

The community has been super welcoming, glad im here and not P99.

Seeing EC totally dead while leveling is daunting :lol:

Larsay

Postby Larsay » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm

The community has been super welcoming, glad im here and not P99.

Seeing EC totally dead while leveling is daunting :lol:

I recently joined this server, and talked my wife into trying EQ for the first time. I can relate to both statements above, I tried P99 and found the community ridged to say the least. The community here seems much more welcoming and friendly.

Its been fun, but strange to see the lower level zones so empty. Though live is not much better in that regard.

I am originally from Cazic as well!

Lowcoe

Postby Lowcoe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:06 am

Apply for an IP exemption here: viewforum.php?f=41

Being able to log three chars in each is helpful not just for boxing to level, but mules, bazaar trader, etc.

Don't ever log more than 3 chars per person. It is a permanent ban here.
Hazel,

Thanks for helping a friend I dragged over to P2002 "Lowkust" he is also from P99 and Live on Cazic. He will invite me to "Ding" on Friday as were both off, we both will normally be online on the weekends.

Ps.. Our wifes are intrigued, they both played with us on live oh so long ago..

Lowcoe

Postby Lowcoe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:10 am

I recently joined this server, and talked my wife into trying EQ for the first time. I can relate to both statements above, I tried P99 and found the community ridged to say the least. The community here seems much more welcoming and friendly.

Its been fun, but strange to see the lower level zones so empty. Though live is not much better in that regard.

I am originally from Cazic as well!
Larsay,

I know what your talking about, when we started on p99 we were met with hostility right away. p2002 is 1000% better :D

Cazic Thule, For Life.. We were in Talons and CC over there with a short engagement in The Relentless.. We were heavy raiders back then.

Larsay

Postby Larsay » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 pm

I used to 3-box on live, mentioned it casually on p99 and that made me the scum of the earth. Really never understood why so many people are so anti boxing. Never had any interest in anything more than 3, and I used to drop boxes for real people all the time. Would rather have a human than a box. But every now and then it could be hard to find a shaman so I like to have it one hand for slows...

I spent most of my time on Cazic in Amichi. I have not played on live since around 2008.

eldarian

Postby eldarian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 am

welcome to the server i think you will enjoy yourself here bud
-Vegeta-

Return to “General Discussion”