Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Best places to make money early?

General chat and server information.
Bairn

Best places to make money early?

Postby Bairn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Hello, I just started today after a long hiatus from EQ. I decided to go with a PAL/DRU/ENC box and I was wondering where I should be hunting at early levels (only lvl 3 so far) to save up platinum for everyone's spells. I forgot about how expensive spells can be when you're starting out. Especially with 3 characters that need them!

Apple

Re: Best places to make money early?

Postby Apple » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Goto misty thicket and pill the plaque rats and skellies by rivervale.. they respawns quick you can get to like level 7 there.. bone chips sell to players and plaque rat tails are 1p per plus cracked staves.. I walked away with about 200p and 7 levels when I started
Plum Loco
Pear Shaped
Raisin Hell
Rasberry Beret
Pomegranate the Squishy Paladin
I usually play as Apple(b) not here tho

Erleichda

Postby Erleichda » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm

There's a cave/crypt on the west-central side of FoB with a bunch of spiders that drop spiderling silk, they're level 2. Last I was aware of it spiderling silk would fetch 10p each or so.

vicatin

Postby vicatin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Level in kurns, great $$ drops there.

pvb32978

Postby pvb32978 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:33 pm

For money on this server your best bet is the FoB spider cave, sell the silk. Kurns, vendor trash. From there, start to look at Luclin Acrylia dropppers. I can't remember offhand which zone it is, but somewhere around twenty there is a few caves that you can clear out, once you hit 30 you should have enough PP for a bit of gear and a couple thousand left over. I think it was grimling forest or hollowshade moor, I just can't remember offhand. I'm sure someone here does. Once you hit the 30's Rockhoppers in Dawnshroud drop pelts that you can sell for a lot. Another option post 30's is cobalt scar. I quadded the wyverns there, and they drop a lot of spells and gems. Once I had out leveled CS I didn't need to farm platinum again till I was max level.

Another option is basic tradeskill combines. Some of the servers raiders will play through the nose for people to do combines for them.
Gankis 65 Shaman
Warder 64 Beastlord
Pyrrhic 65 Wizard
Midnight 65 Shadow Knight
Peng 65 Cleric
>Unity<

vulpster

Postby vulpster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Bandit Sashes in WK are pretty lucrative, each sash gets you a bronze weapon and some change. The quest is in Qeynos and unlike silk farming the pp reward is instant (doesn't require a buyer.).
~vulp

Return to “General Discussion”