Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

New player

General chat and server information.
jgranai

New player

Postby jgranai » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:40 am

My friends (4 of is total) are switching to p2002 from p99 and we all only run 1 toon. Are we going to be totally gimped at high levels? Do we have to 3 box when it comes to end game content?

Chunky

Re: New player

Postby Chunky » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am

there are multiple people that solo box in higher end so you wont be alone play the game and have fun the rest will come

jgranai

Postby jgranai » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 am

Thanks. Makes me feel a bit better. Is there any classes we should avoid, still picking mains. I was thinking Bard, but I am afraid everyone has a box bard and I won’t be needed

Quillen

Postby Quillen » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks. Makes me feel a bit better. Is there any classes we should avoid, still picking mains. I was thinking Bard, but I am afraid everyone has a box bard and I won’t be needed
One boxing any class, but definitely a bard probably more than others, would be highly wanted/needed at endgame. As AK era had wacky group exp bonus, the best exp you can get is a 4 man team, so solo players are always wanted by a person 3 boxing.

zeonick

Postby zeonick » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm

You wont be gimp. It's still Everquest, 3 boxing wasn't required back in the day on live or anything. You will have a solid 4-man grp already which can do most things. I'd just say try and come up with a good group composition between the 4 of you and you will have a lot of fun. Eventually if 1 or 2 of you get a wild hair and want to try boxing (I came from p99, trust me box is a lot of fun) then you will have a solid full group.
Zeonick - 65 Iksar Monk
Colosik - 65 Iksar Shaman
Flokki - 65 Barb Rogue
Ozox - 60 Dorf Cleric
Sparkles - 55 Enchanter
Barkles - 52 Druid

Anithar

Postby Anithar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:39 pm

First, you will not be 'gimp'. At some point we all started out with nothing. The good news is, there is a ton of cheap gear available. Also, there's a handful of people on server who hand out items to those who are new. I've personally have handed a ton of items over my play time as I don't run a bazaar mule. I kinda just told myself I wouldn't bother with it, as I was fortunate to have a handful of people help me out with some handouts and such.

Second boxing isn't a requirement. For those of us who do box, I welcome solo boxers, (especially those willing to pull) as it allows me to relax a bit more than trio soloing. The nice thing is you already have a solid group start up and leveling goes pretty quick.

The last thing I'll mention is the group exp bonus. Sometimes I think people forget about this, but the group exp bonus encourages full groups. It's also a great way to meet new people. Most boxers will drop one toon, (sometimes two) to help solo boxers or group with others.

In my experience you will find most people are friendly here and if your here to have fun you will enjoy playing here.

Welcome to the server btw :)
Marc: 65 Paladin
Anithar: 65 Beastlord
Wafer: 65 Druid

sesamiseed1234

Postby sesamiseed1234 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:12 am

First... welcome to the server :)

Second... Gear wont be a problem. Whether low or high level, as others have said, the bazaar has a lot of gear within it, a lot of which you can get relatively cheap. Periodically, look out for Copperstore. As his name implies, he sells everything for 1c, regardless of how good the item is. It's all donations from players to help others gear up.

Or if you happen to be on at the right time, many players just hand stuff out when they don't need an item. The community in general is very good about this.

As I can tell from personal experience, people are more than willing to help out others when in need.

Third... Boxing is fun, but playing with others is more fun. You can do either or. I try to make a regular group first and then box if no1 is available. Either way, you're not stuck having to wait for others to come online when you want to play. Plus it enables you to try out new zones that you might have otherwise skipped.

Taian

Postby Taian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Keep in mind, being proactive is always much more successful. A few examples of what I have noticed with all the new people coming in.

PlayerA complains he can never find a group. This is because PlayerA never starts his own group, or send tells to others around his level asking to group. Just doing /ooc LFG is pretty lazy.

PlayerA complains he never gets help when looking for it. This is because PlayerA has done the bare minimum and is expecting others to take the time out of their day to help him, when he isn't willing to help himself.

I apologize for the rant, but I have seen these circumstances in abundance with the recent wave of people joining. If you want to be successful here, plenty of people are willing to help and group, but you go to do SOME work for it!
Taian
CSR Lead / Quest Development

Return to “General Discussion”