Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

PoP Charm Trio Suggestions

General chat and server information.
Kanefa

PoP Charm Trio Suggestions

Postby Kanefa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:57 am

Back in 2015 I asked for charm trio suggestions. I leveled into the 30s and took an extended break. I have returned and my goal is the same, to tackle challenging trio encounters.

The core of my trio is an Enchanter and Cleric. I debated the 3rd and picked a Druid over a Magician. My thought was more charm breaks with snare would be safer than less charm breaks with Mala. However, that was a different era. With PoP out I am considering switching the Druid for a Magician. I am not excited about leveling the Magician, so before I do, I wanted to ask some PoP charmers about their experience.
  • How important is Malosinia with the AA Total Domination 3?
  • Are there encounters that would be possible on the Magician and not the Druid?
The crux of the question is to figure out whether I am splitting hairs or if I will get to 65 and decide I want to level a Magician to push the trio to their maximum.
Noodles Lychee Anisette

Quillen

Re: PoP Charm Trio Suggestions

Postby Quillen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:42 am

Probably splitting hairs. Could go ranger for snare and serious deeps while charm pet tanks. Mage is nice at 65 as well for doing shit when not leveling, lazy style game playing with their Uber pet dominating lower level zones. If your only in 30s it would take you a day or two to get a new toon up to their level, so your not “too late” to make any switch right now.

Zetterbeard

Postby Zetterbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 am

Having access to pet weps at all times would be nice. With only tash and total dominatoin 3/3, charm lasts full duration for me about 60% of the time. Snare pretty much trivializes all charm breaks, though.

kronspik

Postby kronspik » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

Wouldn't hurt to level a mage to have access to pet weapons, regardless of whether you actually trio with the mage or not.

I would also recommend ranger over mage though.
Ekretash, Avalon, Rolando

Taian

Postby Taian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Snare pretty much trivializes all charm breaks, though.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Taian
CSR Lead / Quest Development

Taian

Postby Taian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Personally, I wouldn't choose mage. Pet weapons are readily available in bazaar most of the time, and most places people charm have old pets with weapons wandering around. Mala also doesn't make enough of a difference for charm duration.

I'm partial to rangers over druids for snare for a variety of reasons. They are great ranged dps, but can also tank some weaker stuff while you look for a charmed pet. They can be your puller and also get aggro super quick when necessary.

Of course this is all based on you wanting to maximize your trio. To some, that is what they enjoy the most, to others, they care more about playing specific classes.
Taian

Kanefa

Postby Kanefa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:23 am

So it comes down to a preference between Snare or Malosinia. If you prefer Snare then you have to decide between a Druid or a Ranger. On my druid I root, snare, and dps. Sounds like a Ranger can do that better and do a bit of tanking. Makes sense to me.

Is there any scenario in the PoP zones where a Druid's ability to charm might allow you to take down some named mobs like Magicians in Bastion of Thunder?
Noodles Lychee Anisette

Taian

Postby Taian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:39 pm

So it comes down to a preference between Snare or Malosinia. If you prefer Snare then you have to decide between a Druid or a Ranger. On my druid I root, snare, and dps. Sounds like a Ranger can do that better and do a bit of tanking. Makes sense to me.

Is there any scenario in the PoP zones where a Druid's ability to charm might allow you to take down some named mobs like Magicians in Bastion of Thunder?
Druid isn't charming stuff in BOT. But if you are a good 3 boxer, you could double charm in certain zones, like storms.
Taian

staysa01

Postby staysa01 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:26 am

The 2 most successful charm trios I’ve seen are rng/clr/enc and mage/clr/enc. the ranger one seemed better all around.
Luxuria - Wizard
Delraich - Necro
Luscious - Bard
Blackhawk - Ranger
Ograk - Warrior
Taxia - Druid
Chantry - Enchanter
Prime - Monk
Grollo - Shaman
Staysa - Mage
Maexxna - Rogue

Bobobn

Postby Bobobn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:49 am

Pal / Dru / ench is really strong. On mobs that hit really hard where the druid can't keep up heals you can always heal on paladin and rune on enchanter.

Paladins also get lay hands which is a complete heal on a charm pet with the AA if you end up needing it to tank temporarily. Also, can keep aggro on paladin from afar if you have charm pet tank so that pally gets summoned instead of enchanter on the break.

Paladins also get a 10 second duration stun which is really nice for recharming and keeping your pet perfectly positioned without needing to move enchanter around at all.

Return to “General Discussion”