Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Looking for raiding guild :)

Players looking for a guild.
Volkier

Looking for raiding guild :)

Postby Volkier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:37 am

Greetings!

It appears that the time is approaching, where I can be at least somewhat useful to a guild, and thus my search for one which I can call home has begun.

Main bane of my existence across all MMOs I've played has always been timezones - I live in New Zealand which is GMT + 12 - so really looking for a guild that does raids / plays around UTC 0400hrs - UTC 1200hrs time, as I am most flexible between those times at pretty much any day - though I can do later on certain days (up to around UTC 1500hrs as the most likely cut-off time).

So now that's out of the way, I guess I should post some random things about myself here which.. I guess some people may want to know? Anyway - been playing EQ since Luclin, mained a Beastlord on live, joined Fortune Kiss on... uhh karana server I believe? (before it got merged) who were a fairly top end guild doing end game content - so raided up to and well past PoTime - which I would love to see the insides of yet again on P2002 - before I stopped playing around OOW.

I've also actively played and raided on SoD for around just over a year.

I'm an active player, like long horseback rides on the beach (cuz walking on beaches is for confused MILFs), appreciate dark humor, and play best with a beer and to the sound of techno/trance (the good kind) or classical Italian opera. I also enjoy roleplaying - both in MMORPGs and all the... other... kinds thereof.

I am currently 100% guildless from the start of joining the server about four-ish weeks ago, and have a 57 SK / CLR / ENCH tri-box that I am boxing. I'm also very flexible and feel equally comfortable playing one or all of my characters, in solo, group or raids environment - though I wouldn't call myself a pro uber master boxer by any means. Oh and I don't expect the guild to "provide" me, other than an opportunity to better my characters to where I am useful to the raid force and have some cool people to hang around Norrath with :)

If there's anything else anyone would like to know - please feel free to leave a reply or pm me or find me in game.

EDIT:
Lvl 60 now, around 30-40 AAs on toons, and just started working towards 65 again as of this edit.
PoJ Trial of lashing done
Last edited by Volkier on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hazel

Re: Looking for raiding guild :)

Postby Hazel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:15 am

You are going to need to start a guild, then recruit outside of the game.

If you look at the other LF Guild posts, there is a need. Someone just needs to take on the leadership. "Build it and they will come" sort of thing.

Good luck, like having you around.

Volkier

Postby Volkier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 am

Damn - so the timezone is completely screwed for me you reckon? :(

Oh well, here's to hoping someone will pick me up. Like I said, I can possibly be a bit more flexible depending on the days, and I'm sure I've seen a few guilds raid while I was playing... Or maybe some guild wants to start a "Oceania" wing :D So here's hoping :)

Menobank

Postby Menobank » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:22 am

If not you have your guild name lol or I'm sure a hardcore dying I mean death dealer adventurer such as yourself can do can come up with something... BTW when we going back to the hole lol still need to get that ghost lol

Tollen

Postby Tollen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:45 am

wouldn't Tightainum be in that time range?
Public Discord

Tollen - Illusions
[x]ERU[x]IKS[x]HIE[x]DE[x]HFL[x]HUM[x]GNM[x]ELF[x]BAR[x]OGR[x]VAH
[x]WaterEle[x]FireEle[x]Skel[x]Werewolf[]TRL[]Imp[]DWF[]EarthEle

Volkier

Postby Volkier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:04 pm

If not you have your guild name lol or I'm sure a hardcore dying I mean death dealer adventurer such as yourself can do can come up with something... BTW when we going back to the hole lol still need to get that ghost lol
Uh when you're next online. Tomorrow if it's raining again and I can't therefore go work and make a living and am therefore slacking at home or something.....
wouldn't Tightainum be in that time range?
I'll have to double check - think I looked on the recruitment posters and it wasn't - but from experience a lot of guilds don't update every forum post when raid times alter or new raid slots get added in and whatnot.... I'll have to ask around in game probably.

EDIT:
Also - chars now 58 instead of 57 as when the OP was made :D

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:05 pm

It's 6 am in New Zealand right now. It's 7 pm - 8 pm in Europe.

I think Tightainum raids now-ish maybe starting in an hour.

Unless he quits his day job, they aren't going to work for him.

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

We've interacted. I can recognize a leader. You may have thought I posted the direction as flippant, but it wasn't.

The recruitment might be challenging, but you could be creative.

A couple years ago, I found and contacted a member of the Asian guild from my original server. We communicated, but he said he was too busy with real life. I didn't pursue it more, but if you're motivated you could find people to join you. Even getting one person to join the server turns into more when they tell people.

This time zone guild has to start somewhere, might as well be you!

I think you might be able to pull in US East Coasters wanting to raid earlier too.

bob0builder

Postby bob0builder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:27 pm

We've interacted. I can recognize a leader. You may have thought I posted the direction as flippant, but it wasn't.

A couple years ago, I found and contacted a member of the Asian guild from my original server. We communicated, but he said he was too busy with real life. I didn't pursue it more, but if you're motivated you could find people to join you. Even getting one person to join the server turns into more when they tell people.

I think you might be able to pull in US East Coasters wanting to raid earlier too.

+1

Preferred raiding times is 5am - 9 am est.
Rather work after !

Volkier

Postby Volkier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Thank you for the vote of confidence, and I didn't think you were being flippant, though I personally think you may be over-estimating my leadership abilities. My experience with leading anything in an online game only entails leading a bunch of alliance fleets in EvE online, but that's somewhat different to running a guild. Plus, I don't know enough about progression / specific mobs (just a bunch of fights, basic stuff and how to be a part of a raid rather than organise it) - which sure, can be looked up, but 90% of the "help" or "walkthrough" posts on various forums about targets I've seen in the past are really full of shit.

Overall, if we can get enough people online at the same time, it may work, and we may be able to create something, but it's not something I'm willing to tag on alone - would need good people to help, and maybe some geared out people from other guilds to help us get a push-start. Which I guess is do-able, community here is awesome - but all that said, I still would prefer to join an existing guild where I feel I can be more productive. If I can't find anyone who wants me, I may have to re-visit this idea once I hit 65.

And yeah, I've been trying to get people into this game - kind of lost touch with most of the old buddies I played with - and a few of the newer people who tried it are filthy casuals who didn't really get into the game sadly.

Return to “Looking for Guild”