Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

For all the new players thinking of joining

General chat and server information.
Rinarch

For all the new players thinking of joining

Postby Rinarch » Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Unless your going to box, just skip the server. NO ONE your level who is not boxing will be on to group with in your mid thirties to mid 40's. So Sad really liked the server but not being able to do anything unless it's way after hours and I get lucky catching a boxer who will invite me just sucks. Being on PST I haven't been able to find a group for 2 weeks flat unless it's way after hours, been lucky to get into a pleveling group but that was it.
Last edited by Rinarch on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

eldarian

Re: For all the new players thinking of joining

Postby eldarian » Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 pm

this is 100% untrue
-Vegeta-

Glenzig

Postby Glenzig » Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 pm

So wrong. So very wrong. People are on at all times in the 30-50 level range. I've been here nearly 2 years and I've never had anyone refuse to group with me because they are boxing. I've had many people drop chatacters from a group just so I could join.
There's also this thing called guilds. It's where a big group of people join up and form a small community inside the game. That way you can form up groups and help eachother accomplish all sorts of wonderful and amazing things. You might want to look into that.
People also play this server from all timezones. There are even Australians playing here. Imagine that!
Frummunda - Halfling Druid
Spudz - Barbarian Beastmaster
Glenzig- Dwarf Warrior
Chukk- Barbarian Shaman
Rakkety- Halfling Ranger

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am

Eh, server isn't for everyone.

Finding a group does take more than an ooc LFG comment or even a guild LFG comment. I don't recall those working well on any server.

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4967
Looking for group mates? /who all (your grouping range) So if you are lvl 20 use /who all 13 31 (space between the levels)
Then... /tell results Have room for me? /tell results want to go to (zone of choice) with me? Keep in mind, if someone doesn't answer they may not be ignoring you, they may be active on another of their boxed characters. Try them all!
Can't really imagine anyone turning down a 4th character to a group when there is a huge exp bonus.
Group Bonus: 1 member - 100%, 2 members - 120%, 3 members - 140%, 4 members - 220%, 5 members - 260%, 6 members - 260% (6th member is a freebie and exp still divides by 5)
Server was a lot less populated when I was leveling up but I still managed to find Vack and Bigpappa. We grouped daily until we formed a guild and started raiding. While I was leveling a trio, I always dropped my boxes when in dungeons. I wasn't comfortable boxing while in a group. I would rotate which character I was working on.

I love Everquest and I'm glad I found a place I enjoy playing it. I wish the same for all EQ enthusiasts.

movember

Postby movember » Fri May 18, 2018 3:33 am

At first glance I thought he was saying it’s hard to find groups which is wrong, but then I reread his comment. He said that as a non-boxer you won’t find many other solo 30-40s to group with.

That’s an accurate statement, it’s probably the lowest population level band and most people box here. You’ll find people in that level range to play with but they’ll probably have a trio.

The majority of people on this server start off playing one toon or two and eventually they start 3-boxing. It doesn’t mean we as a community don’t group or socialize, it’s just increasing your own capabilities.

I don’t think being a solo boxer necessarily holds you back from experiencing content, if you are soloing you are probably already a high APM character like a nec, enc, etc and groups as well as raids will be happy to have you solo.

There’s a good balance here in that trios allow you to do a lot of content but not so much that you don’t need to group or raid with others which is why we have a strong sense of community here. Nobody is going to force you to box here but if you don’t want to group with people who are playing multiple characters for some reason it probably isn’t the right choice for you.
Rossignol (Monk)
Movember (Shaman)
Backpackly (Necro)

Aztefano

Postby Aztefano » Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 am

Well, he is pretty accurate I think. I have always told newcomers that low level groups are rare, but that are plenty once they hit the high 40's/50's. So people that think this will be like P99 in terms of low/mid levels will be dissapointed, But given how quick you can get to 50 with all the buffs/hotzones/free gear for newbies you really dont need that much patience to get the good group experience.
Aslan - Bard
Lucien - Wizard
Naughtius - Shaman
Aztefano - Ranger
Bones - Shadowknight
Gyros - Magician
Fruli - Cleric

Kuvu

Postby Kuvu » Fri May 18, 2018 6:39 am

I know what he is talking about. I can box but my god i get so bored and almost fall asleep doing it. It is hard to find a group to join. I have odd hours myself and its been an endeavor to group with people. I usually try to duo but almost fall asleep from it after about 30 minutes. From what I have seen so far when you find someone 3 boxing and not wanting to add anyone its about money, they dont want to share any looting, which is fine. When I do get a group with a boxer I just never loot unless they tell me to. I would rather gain the xp then cash so I just dont loot lol.

Hazel

Postby Hazel » Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 pm

I can box but my god i get so bored and almost fall asleep doing it.
You need a challenge :twisted:

I like short term goals / mini challenges. I usually kill my enchanter a few times while I try something new.

You won't fall asleep charming .... well you could...but you'd wake up dead.

Manstomper

Postby Manstomper » Fri May 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Last night I was boxing I chardok... And ever 5-10 minutes I /ooc looking for more in chardok... Highest char is 51... So I'm thinking some mid 30s that wanted a group would have jumped all over it? And that was at 1am US central time... Ao there are people on at odd hours grouping just have to be patient...

Don't got get about the /lfg tool as I alwaya put up party looking for more.

But what I don't get is why people get frustrated and post on forums and tell people to not play? What's the point or the goal of it?
Feairo - growing necromancer
Jeezman - growing shaman
Megosh - growing magican

Rinarch

Postby Rinarch » Fri May 18, 2018 1:20 pm

The point of the post isn't to tell people not to play, it's just to give a realistic expectation of the server. When I started on the server a few weeks back I KNEW this area of leveling was going to be a problem area, because it always is on servers like this. But I asked around in game and got a very different response. I don't mind partying with people that are boxing, but if your not boxing yourself or playing a solo class you will hit a wall around level 30-35 where you are basically just praying to god that a boxer is leveling up some alts in your level area and you can join them. Get too far behind and your stuck again until the next round of alts comes around.

It's my fault for not picking a solo class but I don't play these games to solo, I like grouping, raiding, and questing with people to accomplish tasks. Unfortunately without a way to get to 50 and basically "join the rest of the server". You just get stuck in the mid levels hoping to get lucky. I don't just sit back with LFG on waiting for a tell, I very actively ask my guide, scan for any character in my leveling range, and send out tells. Most channels are ignored/missed I'm sure because people are too focused on boxing and doing their thing which I get. So as someone who isn't interested in boxing for many reasons, this is my realistic experience for other who think they may want to try leveling up a character not boxing. The server and people have been great, but this level area is a very big problem until 50 so you better have a plan to get around it or it's quite easy to burn out especially as a class that can't solo for shit.
Last edited by Rinarch on Fri May 18, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”