Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Future Content?

General chat and server information.

Would you like to see content expanded to a specific expansion?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:20 pm

The Legacy of Ykesha
10%
Lost Dungeons of Norrath
25%
Gates of Discord
5%
Omens of War
46%
Hell No, Leave the content alone!
13%

Total votes: 183

Chunky

Re: Future Content?

Postby Chunky » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 pm

p2002 censorship at its finest
im just not going to deal with blatant disrespect, I am all for the discussion of more content and the vote has peaked my interest, but what we are not going to do is disrespect someone that has put in a lot of work into the server we all get to enjoy. so if you feel censored so be it.

Vashen

Postby Vashen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:09 pm

Respect goes both ways. What was said that was blatantly disrespectful?

eldarian

Postby eldarian » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:13 pm

i think the censorship comment was well, in regards to deleting posts but lets agree to get back on topic. Seems to be a lot of interests of making the server go into the next saga of its life cycle. Just not from Boragar who is our respected Server owner. Boragar would you be interested in ever taking a cooperative role if someone like trust wanted to expand the server or perhaps worked with you on making a secondary server with everyone preexistence gear flags etc? Would be a good opportunity for people to work along side with you and your team and get to experience working on a project like this.
-Vegeta-

Vashen

Postby Vashen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:13 pm

To me this whole thread was nothing but respect for boragar and the fact that people want more and want to keep playing on this server and him saying no this is dumb is him direspecting the whole server maybe im just dumb

paulbrochill

Postby paulbrochill » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Quite honestly, opening more expansions on this server would certainly drive me to come back to wanting to play here. the server itself and the dev's behind it are great however the idea of capping off at PoP loses me.. There is so much more to the game and character progression.
LdoN and later expansions also offer more content on a smaller scale whether its groups, 18 - 34 man raids etc.

I think this is a positive thing to talk about for this server.

Guznuk1979

Postby Guznuk1979 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

I rather have you all do custom things, as the EQ mechanics are there from this current expansion! ^_^ Just maybe make your own zones, NPCs, and maybe playable races (even if not fully animated like the originals / showable armour still be neat!) I love creativity! I am very happy with the current expansion enabled though. Armour dyes WAS cool, but was never to into the mechanics of the later expansions that brought that feature and I liked the frogloks over all just they took over Grobb that was hard playing trolls ducking through Neriak.) But majority wins or whatever the gods of the realm want for their world! Just that is my personal opinion. =D

alcandre85

Postby alcandre85 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:20 pm

there should be a "Veksar" option. I wanna play in Veksar but would take the whole LoY expansion to make that happen!

tklight13

Postby tklight13 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Super glad this is being considered. Theorycraft discord exploded with excitement at the slight possibility. I have to admit that being in EP, there's a bittersweet feeling that the "end is nigh". It is a testament to the community of the server and the responsive staff that people hang out here and I think that we'd see an even great population growth with more content available. Also, OOW was the bomb, as mentioned above, lots of group and smaller raid content and some QoL improvements. As we all know, PoP is rough for the casual raider due to flagging restrictions, so opening up more casual expansions would definitely be a boon!
Maccolyn <65 Paladin>
Blanche <65 Rogue>
Precious <65 Shaman>

~Theorycraft~

knipp316

Postby knipp316 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 am

I'm having a good time, but i think having an "end in sight" once i kill Quarm is a bittersweet concept. I like the idea of a possible future content addition. Happy to pitch in for expenses that may be needed as well.

Threesheets

Erleichda

Postby Erleichda » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:27 am

The frog xpac and LDON were basically just add-ons to PoP.
This is how they seem to me, which is why I didn't mind voting for them as an alternative stopping place for a PoP-era server. I also think the LDoN content is amazing for small groups which is good given the low server pop. I always imagined those instances would be quite difficult to implement though.

Return to “General Discussion”