Dreamwraith

Vampyre Troubles

Postby Dreamwraith » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Zone:
NPC: Kerzar Clawtore
Event: quest step
Item: Bone Key cannot be obtained

Description of Issue:
During the quest line, Kerzar Clawtore is spawned by handing a missive to a guard. After then locating Clawtore and handing him the badge of service, he attacks. This is the last point that functions correctly. On reaching 0% hp, the NPC is supposed to yield instead of dying, allowing further dialog to obtain a bone key; additionally, coterie generals are supposed to spawn and attack, though they have no direct bearing on the quest completion. Instead of this happening, Clawtore died like any other mob and left a corpse which quickly despawned. I am now stuck without a path forward in this questline. I made a bug report in game shortly after it occurred, but am now following up here.

How to reproduce:
Follow the quest to this point and fight Clawtore.

Link to Era correct reference:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=1582

Daeron

Re: Vampyre Troubles

Postby Daeron » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:32 pm

This will be fixed on next patch. A GM will reach out on reimbursing the quest item.

Dreamwraith

Postby Dreamwraith » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

To follow up on this, Chunky reached out to me and gave me the bone key to continue the quest. However, I then failed to kill the shades in a later step and had to restart the quest from the beginning. When repeating the bugged step, this time it functioned properly. I think the issue was that last time I nuked the mob down too quickly. This time I let my paladin slowly melee Clawtore down and he submitted as intended.

Daeron

Postby Daeron » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Before the change you could kill clawtore if you overnuked at low health like you mentioned. The new update will not let him die so you can fire away.

Return to “Retesting”