Heart of Fungus missing Chloroplast + too common

Brinkman01

Heart of Fungus missing Chloroplast + too common

Postby Brinkman01 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:31 am

Zone: Fungus Grove

NPC (If applicable): Chakiza , Tochaka , Katcha

Event (If applicable): Summoning beasties

Item (If applicable): Heart of Fungus

Description of Issue: Heart of fungus is suppose to have worn Chloroplast ( +10 hp regen ) It is missing. It is also dropping off the wrong named. The heart of Fungus should drop off ONLY Chakiza as an ultra-ultra rare.

I can confirm it dropped off of Tochaka on 5/27. It seems that the loot tables are not correct on these mobs. Some of the mobs had shared drops ( typically the common items ) A few of them also had drops unique to them, like the Heart of Fungus. I will try to make a second posting listing the proper drops for each mob and their rarity, this will take tons of time, but ill put in the work. The heart seems to be too common ( see links below for rarity proof ) Whatever the drop rate is, it should probably be moved to whatever setting is the rarest possible and made to only drop from Chakiza. I camped for this item myself on live, turning in 4 beers at the same time to speed things up... He never dropped it in over 200 kills, personally. This item was eventually removed from the game, but it seems it was post 2004.

How to reproduce (If applicable): Check item , loot tables for all three named, and rarity level.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=7579

"I use to camp Beer cycle(what we call it on fennin ro) all the time. I won a heart in a group one time. I have only seen it drop once after spending maybe 2-3weeks there. But i know there is like 1 other heart on fennin ro now. They are very rare."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8127

"I am not sure if it is really really rare or not dropping any more. I have been doing the caller cycle for quite a while and killed many named and never seen it. "

"i've been doing the caller quest quite a bit for the last month. i have killed all the named mobs tons of times and have not seen this item. this site says that it drops off of Chazika, but the only items i've ever seen him with are the fungus spine, and the fungus hammer, this is out of about 20 times of killing him at least."

"I have killed this guy about hundred times, and everytime it either drop the dagger, or the hammer. (those 2 items are so far the only drop i've seem from Chakiza, and now i'm lazy to kill this named anymore cuz everytime it pop will either holding the dagger or hammer.) as from the personal experience, i say the "Heart of Fungus" is either ultra-rare drop, or is no-longer drop in game."

"killed him easily 50 times and not one drop, but friend killed him ~ 20 times and one dropped for him, so far as i know it still drops, just ultra rare."

Boragar

Re: Heart of Fungus missing Chloroplast + too common

Postby Boragar » Tue May 30, 2017 10:42 am

I made this item more rare, I didn't notice how good it was due to the regen not being in our DB. It's an ultra rare now, but info is lacking on exactly what named dropped what pieces....so by the way the event works I am keeping the loot table for all the named.

Brinkman01

Re: Heart of Fungus missing Chloroplast + too common

Postby Brinkman01 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you. One day, I will spend a few hours researching the event. There a quite a few named with this one, and I know for a fact that specific " ultra rares" only dropped on specific mobs, thats what made them even more rare, since there were so many named that could spawn, but they all shared a multiple item " common set" of drops. I will repost one day with more research.

Return to “Retesting”