Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Pathing and aggro in velks lab

bkivisto

Pathing and aggro in velks lab

Postby bkivisto » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:40 pm

I know aggro radius was increased in velks because it was originally too small, but after a number of deaths I believe the pathing and aggro radius needs further review.

One area in particular is just up the ramp of the "frenzy camp" noted as number 3 on the map here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Velketor%27s_Labyrinth

The mobs on the end of the mid platform (the small section labeled "E") will aggro when pulling the spiders after the first group up the ramp, and effectively train your party with about 12 spiders.

Also I am unable to cast wake of tranquility on the first spider up the ramp from the bottom due to a message stating it is out of range. It shouldn't need LoS, and is only about 10 to 15 feet away, so not sure why this happens.

There are other problems most likely caused by spiders on different Z axis aggroing, and running up/down creating big pulls when they shouldn't, and also if Feign Death is used when this happens, the mobs don't seem to take the correct path back and often times wander to my group.
Thrall
Bolvar
Medivh
Katrana
Murrachan
Meso

bucka

Re: Pathing and aggro in velks lab

Postby bucka » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:52 am

agree with the statements above, velks needs some love.
Pickledip(War) / Crizax(Enc) / Mumu(Clr) - <Out da Bushes>

Nedush

Postby Nedush » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Yes the pathing in velks is quite bad. Spiders also fall down off the ramp when trying to reach you and then they do aggro their friends on the lower levels.
Also:
- armor gem drop rate seems too high in velks
- spell drop rate in velks, particularly off of velium broodlings, stalkers and hunters is too high, its like 2 spells per 3 spiders of that type
<Tight Underpants>

Curtischoy

Postby Curtischoy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:09 pm

"Also I am unable to cast wake of tranquility on the first spider up the ramp from the bottom due to a message stating it is out of range. It shouldn't need LoS, and is only about 10 to 15 feet away, so not sure why this happens."

Wake of Tranquility should be the only calm that actually does require LoS. Not sure about the oor message though - it should say you cannot see your target.

"armor gem drop rate seems too high in velks
- spell drop rate in velks, particularly off of velium broodlings, stalkers and hunters is too high, its like 2 spells per 3 spiders of that type"

This drop rate is what I remember from live. The armor gems and spells are very common off of the spiders here - especially the gems.

The pathing and social aggro, however, I agree with. Sometimes I am able to single pull (with taking no efforts to attempt a single pull) spiders that are right next to each other. For instance sometimes (not every time) I throw a shuriken at one of the 3 spiders at the Crystal Eyes spawn point only one will follow me despite them sometimes literally pathing over each other. The pathing in Velks at the spider ramps was never good, but sometimes spiders will go almost down to the ground floor when I am pulling from the Frenzy camp. It's really hard to track their exact movements so I'm not sure if they path this way or if they have fallen.

Boragar

Postby Boragar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:15 pm

We need to find the balance of aggro range and adjusting the pathing node rules. If one is too far one way-----you can single everything and run through every wall in the game and mobs will follow blindly. We are going to decrease velks aggro range a tad and look into the pathing rules. It will be added to notes when it gets done

Boragar

Postby Boragar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:49 pm

I have done both a slight aggro adjust and a fix to pathing like eqmac had---on dev it looks really good. If you pull poorly you will still get more adds then you want, but if you are careful frenzy is very doable. This will be in on reboot

Gandelor

Postby Gandelor » Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 am

Is it possible to add more pathing nodes in Velks? Pathing at frenzy is kinda crazy. When pulling you pretty much have to stay in melee range all the way when running back to to frenzy camp/ledge, if not mobs will fall down or run in the opposite direction then often bring 3-6 adds. (even if there is a clear path to you they will often not follow it unless you stay very close).

Another example:
When sitting at ledge/frenzy camp there are 4 static spawns close by on the same level, and 3 static spawns up the slippery slope. If you pull the 2 left mobs on the same level they will path to the 2 right spawns even if there is a closer path. Not a huge issue since you can do the 2 to the right first, but some more nodes would be great. The camp is gret for duo/trio atm, or if you can handle 6-7 mobs at a time, but for a full regular group the puller will take a lot of dmg making sure they dont run away or fall down.

Trust

Postby Trust » Mon May 22, 2017 7:57 am

Could you test the pathing on the test server. The pathing system is a bit tweaked on there.

Boragar

Postby Boragar » Mon May 22, 2017 8:54 am

This zone I could put 500 more pathing nodes in and it will not matter, the Z-axis difference between the two platforms at frenzy is so close that mobs can and will jump platforms. Pay attention when you pull here and pull order of the mobs can avoid this issue entirely.

Return to “Retesting”