Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Nintendo Classic Edition

Anything non game/server related.
hesyous

Nintendo Classic Edition

Postby hesyous » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:31 pm

I am excited so I want to share.

On April 3rd at 3:30pm I left work. I stopped at Target to grab some stuff we needed at home. When I stop there I usually make my way back to the electronics dept. to see if they have them in stock. This time I walked over and saw none on the shelf. So I started looking around the area just to browse and in a locked glass container, I saw the package.

I had to bend down because I thought "No way....". Sure enough they had a Shelf full (what looked full) of them. SO! I ran over to the cashier in the dept and said, "I WANTS IT! GIVE ME MY PRECIOUS!". She got a manager to come over and pull one out for me. They had 4 total in stock.

So, I am happy to say Target would only sell one per customer. Prior they didn't have that policy and a single customer would come in and buy all of them obviously to resell, or maybe for friends.

------------------------------

So! I love it. It's really easy to use and the games on it totally bring back memories. Before anyone says it, yes, there are emulators and hundreds of ROMs on the internet. But this item is well worth 60$. My family loves it.

If there are other fans on P2002 that wants one for their home, I hope you get as lucky as I. If you have any questions, hopefully I can answer them for you.

hesyous

Re: Nintendo Classic Edition

Postby hesyous » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

OH...another thing about that Target store.

I went in there a Friday morning to see if it was there. 2 store managers and 3 security guards along with like 5 employees were crowding the electronic section. I had no clue what was going on, but people were there buying something. I assumed something big was released. So I stood in line and when I got to the register I asked if they had Nintendo Classic Editions for sale. Lady looked at me confused and said no.

So I inquired. "What's going on? Why all of this, what's been released?" She said, we are selling Nintendo Switch!

I said, "Oh." She asked, "Do you want one, we have 2 left?"

I replied, "No." then left.

VidiVici

Postby VidiVici » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Love the old NES games i still have my system along with a ton of games my daughters actually play it once and a while also have my old SNES,Sega,PS1,N64,Gamecube

hesyous

Postby hesyous » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:53 am

Love the old NES games i still have my system along with a ton of games my daughters actually play it once and a while also have my old SNES,Sega,PS1,N64,Gamecube
That's amazing. I never kept mine. I had all of those too, except the original Sega. PS1, I REALLY regret getting rid of that. Later I found my original FF7 discs. And I still have them.

Glenzig

Postby Glenzig » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:09 am

Had atarI 2400 and 2800, nes, Sega genesis, gameboy, snes, n64, gamecube.
Wife couldn't handle it. Had to get rid of her.

I mean them. I got rid of them.
Frummunda - Halfling Druid
Spudz - Barbarian Beastmaster
Glenzig- Dwarf Warrior
Chukk- Barbarian Shaman
Rakkety- Halfling Ranger

hesyous

Postby hesyous » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 am

Had atarI 2400 and 2800, nes, Sega genesis, gameboy, snes, n64, gamecube.
Wife couldn't handle it. Had to get rid of her.

I mean them. I got rid of them.
HA! I do not remember the Atari 24 or 2800. I had a 2600 and my friend down the street had a 5200. I loved Joust on the 5200.

VidiVici

Postby VidiVici » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Your making me want to pull out the PS1 and FF7 to play for old times sake lol

Leapster

Postby Leapster » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Snagged one of those NES Classics about a month or two ago just randomly calling up a Gamestop. Jumped in my car and was there under 10mins :D
Gf has been slowly working her way through FF1 and loves it which led me to getting her to try EQ.

hesyous

Postby hesyous » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:19 pm

@Vidi-

Dude, that game is amazing. I've not replayed it in several years, but I could always go back to it. Such a great story.

@Leapster:

My wife isn't in to video games at all but that's slightly changed. The other night my kids are asking for a turn and she just wouldn't give up the controller. She was having so much fun with Donkey Kong! HA!

I was about to start FF1 the other night but I really needed to sleep, so I didn't bother and played some Punch Out instead.

Really happy to finally get one.

VidiVici

Postby VidiVici » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Love punch out : )

Return to “Out of Character”