Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Trio for Ranger

General chat and server information.
Tajah

Re: Trio for Ranger

Postby Tajah » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 am

You could go Ranger/SK/Shaman. You'd have a tank class that does good DPS (along with snap aggro and Feign Death), a healer/slower/buffer, and then your ranger.

I love rangers, they're a cool class, once you get your AAs and some gear, your ranger can put out serious DPS (especially if you're raiding).
Anya Inferno - Wizard
Aradia Stalker - Ranger
Hazy Gatekeeper - Rogue
Zeesa Heartweaver - Cleric

~Bring the Rain~

Rizzle

Postby Rizzle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Went Rng/Bst/Clr. Works very well for leveling with good DPS and plenty of utility. I am a little worried how the trio will function at 65 against harder targets but I guess we'll see. BST do get 65% slow? So hopefully not too bad.

vicatin

Postby vicatin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:56 pm

I like the idea of BST, RNG, CLR. Solid DPS and best heals to offset BST tank. With raid gear you're going to be able to tank most of POP's groupable content. I think the real downside is managing two melee till RNG has AAs.
This is a great trio if you do not fancy the charm route. Beastlords can tank pretty well with some gear/AA's and their slow.

Erleichda

Postby Erleichda » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm

I did a lot of content with rng/clr/brd at 65 and it worked great. I suppose an SK would have been plain better than the ranger in every way, but the ranger is totally fine. Switching in BST is probably very similar. Your rough time (I think all trios have one) is going to be stepping into PoP and trying to tank that stuff with your undergeared BST or RNG. That's going to hurt. It will get a lot better with gear/AA.

I suppose the numbers are objectively known, but but given similar gear and AA for each I didn't feel like the gap between meleeing and shooting was large enough to use a really inferior tank like a shaman just so the ranger can shoot. Double seems high, but I could be totally wrong.

Trio BoT wing bosses with a pre-VT or ele BST tanking seems really optimistic. I think you're going to top out at XP mobs in PoP unless you raid and overgear it. But like someone said, that's cool. Find a friend with a beefier tank and you'll be in good shape. If you're into going out and seeing what you can kill having a group with two clerics is usually optimal anyway, so it won't be a problem if the other person has one too.

IMO people make way too big a thing out of the difficulty of double melee. You just pull mobs to camp and it's fine. Leave one (or both) in place, pull everything to the same spot right in front of them, /assist. You don't have to chase things around if it's all snared and everyone is in melee range.

galendria

Postby galendria » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:45 am

I have a ranger for my main, and I absolutely love the class. I've played around a bit with trios. Until my ranger got endless quiver, I played sham/war/ranger. Now that my ranger can sit back and use bow, I switched to pet tank and play sham/mage/ranger. I easily trio in storms, and the trio is versatile enough to add on well to a full group. Best of luck in your EQ adventures!!

Return to “General Discussion”