Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

Low to Mid Tier Raid Scene

General chat and server information.
XeroKill

Low to Mid Tier Raid Scene

Postby XeroKill » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:30 pm

Being new here, I am wondering how the low to mid tier raid scene works, if at all. Are there still guilds that do planar runs, kill old world gods like Cazic or Inny, do Velious kings, Sleepers, or even Ssra?

Mostly I am wondering how up and comers can get things like Epics or work their way through some progression gear. I know it is probably easier to just get 65 with required AAs and then get carried into PoP content, but I was hoping there was some middle ground.

sonicvt

Re: Low to Mid Tier Raid Scene

Postby sonicvt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Ive seen people trioing inside PoF and PoH so they aren't really raid required anymore. Ssra does get raided sometimes when needs arise but Pick Up raids can be performed as well.
-Chanter
-Spellblade
-Fuzzy

XeroKill

Postby XeroKill » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Interesting... when you say "trio PoF / PoH" are you talking about trash, or actually killing bosses? It has been a very long time since I played during PoP so I don't remember how the power creep was back then. I feel pretty certain that Golems are doable since even on P99 with just average ToV gear, you can group Golems, but Draco and CT? Surely CT still needs a good couple groups, right?

dasjank

Postby dasjank » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 pm

For the people in full elemental gear its trioable. We do AoW and other velious raid stuff with 6-9 toons.
Something - Mage
Hand - Enchanter
Spaghetti - Cleric

sonicvt

Postby sonicvt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:49 am

Things that Death Touch i'm guess are not trioable (but maybe so!). I meant that trash as I wasn't sure exactly which loot you were aiming to get.
-Chanter
-Spellblade
-Fuzzy

Sunbeam

Postby Sunbeam » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:16 am

For the people in full elemental gear its trioable. We do AoW and other velious raid stuff with 6-9 toons.
Are you using charm tactics? Because that is one heck of a lot of hp's to munch through and keep a Complete Heal chain going.

XeroKill

Postby XeroKill » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am

That is what I was thinking, but I also remember some of the shenanigans my SK got up to in PoTime gear back in the day. End game PoP was the very start of the ridiculous power creep in EQ, and I was an SK, so I was about as useful as a wet sock outside of off-tanking / pulling for raids. I can only imagine what I could have done if I had been boxing a really strong trio decked out in Time/Elemental gear.

Sunbeam

Postby Sunbeam » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:59 am

Hmmm. If this is old school manaburn on this server, team manaburn can do most of the boss mobs up till you get to ToV.

dasjank

Postby dasjank » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:10 pm

I think you're overestimating the damage output of old world raid bosses on a full elemental geared tank/toon, the sustained damage most toons put out in full gear, and the healing power of a cleric in full gear.

People just don't really kill CT because clearing the whole plane or having a bard run circles for an hour is a pain in the ass and the loot isnt worth the effort at that point.
Something - Mage
Hand - Enchanter
Spaghetti - Cleric

eldarian

Postby eldarian » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:28 pm

to many rules upon sub rules for pugs, wish there werent so more funzies could happen.
-Vegeta-

Return to “General Discussion”