Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

[Opinion] Non-Hotzone Dungeon ZEMs are too low

General chat and server information.
PastorOfPwn

[Opinion] Non-Hotzone Dungeon ZEMs are too low

Postby PastorOfPwn » Fri May 18, 2018 5:11 pm

I've been debating making this post as I am still new to the server but I've been in <DING> since day one and I've had this conversation in guild chat and hear only support for what I am going to say.

The hot zones are an awesome concept to focus players to level together. I want to say this first because I don't want what I'm going to say to undermine this fact. If you ever doubt I think this, just look at the bold again.

That being said, I feel like I am being railroaded into dungeons that are often crowded or don't offer what I want in a dungeon. The fact that places like GukTop and other dungeons (one guildie lamented about the nerfed exp in Sirens but that's beyond my purview as a trio of 20s) are so heavily nerfed in terms of exp make them almost pointless. I'm not trying to exaggerate but the ZEM is meant to balance the risk vs reward aspect of difficult dungeons.

I think the beauty of EQ is having many viable choices to level. Yes this can mean, on smaller servers, that the population gets spread thin. I again point to the bolded statement. Hot zones can focus the population but a complete shuffling of ZEMs ultimately does more to punish those that want variety than focus the player base. I hate Kurns but I can't argue with a 150% exp mod. I did a lot more Crushbone than I also would have wanted because I didn't like Kurns. And when people PL in either location, it's too hard to exp outside of their group.

My suggestion I'd like to hear feedback and/or support on is returning to classic ZEMs but having rotating hotzones still. And if you want to slightly nerf some of the natively high ZEMs to make hot zones more viable, then cool. That's fine. It just sucks seeing awesome dungeons at 75%. I think my suggestion will still accomplish the goal of focusing the player base in specific zones to offset the small population effect without punishing players who want to explore or enjoy having empty zones to themselves. Not to mention alleviating the problem when PLers take up almost a whole zone.

I love the server beyond this critique and I'd only make this post because I do care about the server enough to put myself out there in terms of how I think it might be better. Thanks for reading and special thanks you to anyone who has a part in maintaining this awesome server. You are doing the Lord's work. :mrgreen:

Tollen

Re: [Opinion] Non-Hotzone Dungeon ZEMs are too low

Postby Tollen » Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 pm

zem 75 is BASE zem, not 75% xp.. and is prob what natural zem was back in day... I dont think your suggestion will work out like you hope
Public Discord

Tollen - Illusions
[x]ERU[x]IKS[x]HIE[x]DE[x]HFL[x]HUM[x]GNM[x]ELF[x]BAR[x]OGR[x]VAH
[x]WaterEle[x]FireEle[x]Skel[x]Werewolf[]TRL[]Imp[]DWF[]EarthEle

staysa01

Postby staysa01 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 pm

zem 75 is BASE zem, not 75% xp.. and is prob what natural zem was back in day... I dont think your suggestion will work out like you hope

^

Classic zem list is shockingly linear.
Luxuria - Wizard
Delraich - Necro
Luscious - Bard
Blackhawk - Ranger
Ograk - Warrior
Taxia - Druid
Chantry - Enchanter
Prime - Monk
Grollo - Shaman
Staysa - Mage
Maexxna - Rogue

Tollen

Postby Tollen » Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 pm

also server has a BASE like 15-20% BONUS to all zones.. so your "classic" zems are already upped from what they were back in the day.

we all forget how slow this game was back in the day, its considerably easier now then it was back in classic to level (not following zems)
Public Discord

Tollen - Illusions

PastorOfPwn

Postby PastorOfPwn » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm

I understand the server has an exp bonus and I understand 75 is base. But hunting in LOIO vs UGuk is not equal in difficulty. Nerfing dungeon ZEM to the same as safe outdoor zones near towns makes dungeons pointless to level in.

Please don't assume my lack of knowledge and maybe actually respond to the content of my argument.

Why wouldn't my suggestion work? What is actually wrong with it? If things were so linear and inconsequential, why change them at all in the
first place? These blanket dismissals so far are admittedly pretty discouraging. We're better than that.

Tollen

Postby Tollen » Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm

...It just sucks seeing awesome dungeons at 75%.
guk is at 75 zem so that is 100% xp. sorry I was confused and assumed your lack of knowledge.

You can't please everyone, this is not the first discussion about zems so I'm just a little jaded to the discussion.
Public Discord

Tollen - Illusions

Tollen

Postby Tollen » Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 pm

from what i can find, Lguk was 80 zem back in day.
Public Discord

Tollen - Illusions

staysa01

Postby staysa01 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 pm

I understand the server has an exp bonus and I understand 75 is base. But hunting in LOIO vs UGuk is not equal in difficulty. Nerfing dungeon ZEM to the same as safe outdoor zones near towns makes dungeons pointless to level in.

Please don't assume my lack of knowledge and maybe actually respond to the content of my argument.

Why wouldn't my suggestion work? What is actually wrong with it? If things were so linear and inconsequential, why change them at all in the
first place? These blanket dismissals so far are admittedly pretty discouraging. We're better than that.
By linear I meant narrow. HHK was like 20-50 with basically no exceptions unless you wanted the dreaded lower zems.
Luxuria - Wizard
Delraich - Necro
Luscious - Bard
Blackhawk - Ranger
Ograk - Warrior
Taxia - Druid
Chantry - Enchanter
Prime - Monk
Grollo - Shaman
Staysa - Mage
Maexxna - Rogue

movember

Postby movember » Fri May 18, 2018 7:43 pm

By linear I meant narrow. HHK was like 20-50 with basically no exceptions unless you wanted the dreaded lower zems.
Every single character I made on live did 22-53 in HHK. Never again.
Rossignol (Monk)
Movember (Shaman)
Backpackly (Necro)

Tollen

Postby Tollen » Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 pm

http://www.eqvintage.com/links/zone-exp ... modifiers/

here's the leveling path from AK "classic" zems
Public Discord

Tollen - Illusions