Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

New player, need advice

General chat and server information.
Devorum

New player, need advice

Postby Devorum » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 am

I'm new to the server, and I've never boxed before. I played Live from 99-05, maining a Necro but playing a few other classes (Sham, War, Cleric) as well.

What classes are good for people with no experience boxing, and should I stick to a duo until I get the ropes? Preferably without being a monk. I have an irrational dislike of monks.

Also, how do people box? Do you keep all windows open, or focus on a main character and tab to the others as needed?

Thanks in advance!

Devorum

Re: New player, need advice

Postby Devorum » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:11 am

And I just found the New Player Compendium. Sorry for asking questions answered in there!

sourdiesel

Postby sourdiesel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:29 am

Pet classes are pretty easy to box but endgame you might want to change it up better to pick what you want from the start and go from there so you don't have to lvl up another toon all over again. If you just wanna raid it won't matter much but if u want to solo camps then the combination def matters more.
GG

movember

Postby movember » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Start with trioing, people typically regret starting other ways as in the end most people trio. Get winEQ2, setup hotkeys for the windows and make a bunch of macros in-game and you'll be playing 3 chars like you did 1 within a month.

Ranger/clr/enc is a good min-max trio right now and also easy to level but as others have said if you get into a raiding guild it literally doesn't matter, play whatever classes you enjoy and they'll all work out.
Mnk/shm/nec iksar trio:

Rossignol (Monk)
Movember (Shaman)
Backpackly (Necro)

Return to “General Discussion”