Welcome to Project 2002 please see the rules before joining our server

Installation Guide

World Lore, Quests, Tradeskill Discussion

General chat and server information.
FrehnersaurusRec

World Lore, Quests, Tradeskill Discussion

Postby FrehnersaurusRec » Mon May 14, 2018 8:11 pm

I've found that, while playing EQ this time around, I've gotten more interested in the little that are a part of the game like actually paying attention to what the NPC's say when you talk to them and trying to figure out quests and tradeskills without always having ZAM loaded up. I know it's kind of nerdy but has anyone else experienced this, or has anyone always played the game that way?

I guess I'm just interested in any tips or experiences other players have playing the game without tabbing back and forth to a web page.

moghedan

Re: World Lore, Quests, Tradeskill Discussion

Postby moghedan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 am

Not really.

Everquest was a game where you saw things that were impressive: EK Chasm and Carvings, the NK bridges, Erudin, old statues coming out of the ground... but the lore doesn't exist. It was never anything but a thin veneer for the most hardcore of roleplaying types.

Classic EQ: The gods took turns creating races, and eventually everyone fought a war against the races of Rallos Zek. The non-Rallos winners formed the Combine Empire, and it was glorious. The Combine Empire (generic as hell name) used to exist, and now it doesn't. Small cities and villages have grown in its wake. Those impressive sights I mentioned before? Nadda... just Combine relics... we guess. Hell, most of the story isnt in the GAME, it's in the manual or the opening video that didn't play for 95% of people.

Kunark: The Iksar Empire used to exist... and now it doesn't. Some scattered villages have sprung up in its wake, and the factions are building bases.

Velious: Be friends with a dragon; fight a three way war. Not sure Velious had lore beyond the marketing taglines.

Luclin: Turns out the Combine Empire wasn't glorious! Did you a bamboozle! Check out the bizarre moonpeople societies that have sprung up in its wake...
Ryogi - Paladin
Sonsi - Bard
Galleria - Merchant

Manstomper

Re: World Lore, Quests, Tradeskill Discussion

Postby Manstomper » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 am

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... -lore.251/

Through out the thread it has links to sites with lore.
Feairo - growing necromancer
Jeezman - growing shaman
Megosh - growing magican

Return to “General Discussion”